SONAX CutMax is a highly abrasive cutting compound for polishing sanded or severely weathered paint surfaces. This odourless, silicone-free compound has a long buffing cycle, resists dusting, and wipes off easier than any compound has the right to. SONAX CutMax Cutting Compound is strong enough to remove 1,000 grit sanding marks on fresh paint, yet advanced enough to finish with a gloss level of 3 on a scale of 1-6.
After you remove all the sanding marks or imperfections in the paint, follow with SONAX Perfect Finish or EX 04-06 to create a mirror finish.
SONAX CutMax Cutting Compound can be applied with a rotary or dual action polisher. Depending on the level of cut you desire, use with a foam or wool pad. Regardless of the pad you choose, CutMax will impress you with its long buffing cycle and easy wipe off.
- Wash and dry vehicle
- Decontaminate with P&S Iron Buster or Gtechniq W6 Iron Fallout Remover then clay the vehicle to remove above-surface contaminants
- Wipe the surface with Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Apply a small amount (3 or 4 dots) of polish onto a Polishing Pad
- Polish the surface at a low rotating speed (800 rpm) for approximately 20-30 seconds, applying 15-20 pounds of pressure
- After 30 seconds, remove pressure completely using only machine weight, increase machine speed (1200 RPM) and continue polishing for 45-60 seconds
- When finished polishing, wipe down the paint surface with a microfibre towel