Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric protects all kinds of fabrics from water and oil based stains. It is breathable and extremely durable thanks to unique Gtechniq 3S Smart Surface Science. With added BioCote® antimicrobial technology, treated surfaces will kill 99.9% of bacteria.
Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric makes ordinary fabrics waterproof and easy to clean. Use it to prevent soaking, swelling or rotting on any fabric. From sails, tents and awnings to your cars soft top and interior.
The nano particles of I1 coat each fabric fibre individually, leaving the texture unaffected, allowing the material to breathe. This means stale air will still be able to escape, while repelling water and oil-based liquids.
Being alcohol based ensures much deeper penetration of the active ingredient giving an I1 treated surface much better durability and overall performance. Typically an I1 treated surface will last 5 times longer than conventional water repellent coatings, with the lifespan of the product on soft tops for as long as 3 years.
- 6 to 18 months durable water repellency
- Fluorocarbon free
- Natural feel to treated fabric
- Anti Bacterial
- Anti mould and mildew
- High oil and water repellency
- If using on an interior surface, use I2 TriClean to prepare the surface you are going to treat
- For exterior use, use W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner neat for dirty surfaces, or dilute at a ratio of 5:1 with water for less soiled areas
- Make sure the surface you have cleaned is thoroughly dry (for best results 48 hours in good drying conditions) before applying I1 Smart Fabric. For the optimal impregnation of I1 into your fabric, its moisture content must be below 15% which is significantly dryer than touch dry
- Shake well before use and wear gloves
- Apply at a temperature of 5°c or above, in a well ventilated area
- Use out of direct sunlight
- Apply by spraying evenly from a distance of about 15cm ensuring thorough saturation of the surface you are covering.
- Make sure your application is thorough as once Smart Fabric has dried, you cannot apply a second coat, as the first coat will repel additional product
- Avoid over spraying on surrounding substrates, if this happens, wipe immediately with a MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth. Also wipe any excess from the fabric with an MF1
- Leave to dry for 24 hours, after this time the full effectiveness of the product will be achieved.